Around 10:30 Wednesday morning a carbon monoxide scare closed down the Dunkin Donuts and True Value Hardware in Post Office Square. Harwich firefighters were called to the scene after some employees of Dunkin Donuts felt ill.
Firefighters found high levels of CO in both buildings. Nobody at the scene needed treatment and the buildings will remain closed until properly ventilated. National Grid was called to the scene to check the gas heating system.
Harwich Fire reports that after a thorough investigation it was determined that a blocked exhaust fan allowed CO from a bagel oven to fill the store. Photo by Jake O’Callaghan/CWN